Photo

Encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jadent

jadent

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

Install of lemon went well. but when logging into the admin side i get

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4 in shop_order.php on line 0

any ideas what could be the problem. Its running on PHP 5.3 with Zend Guard Loader v3.3

thanks

#2 Eric Muyser

Eric Muyser

Web Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

It appears Zend has "no plans" for Guard loader to support backwards compatible byte translation.

Could you please try an older version or IonCube. If you are using Windows, please check this topic.

Thanks

#3 chriseverson

chriseverson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

This will be a problem for anyone running on MediaTemple's dV plan and likely other plans as well. You'll have to go with IonCube.

Instructions live here: http://wiki.mediatem...oader_Libraries

#4 gbru

gbru

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

I am also getting this error running PHP 5.3. I currently have a developer license. As I understand it, the Commercial version does not have encoded files and so this will not be an issue. However, I can't complete my development because some of the back office pages throw this Fatal Error. I'm not ready to purchase the Commercial license yet, and since this seems to affect everyone who is using PHP 5.3 (which has been a stable release for a while now) it doesn't seem right that I need to spend one credit for a support ticket.

Perhaps you can release a version of the software that has been encoded for PHP 5.3, or offer some other workaround?

Thanks!

#5 Eric Muyser

Eric Muyser

Web Developer

• Members
  • 1321 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am also getting this error running PHP 5.3. I currently have a developer license. As I understand it, the Commercial version does not have encoded files and so this will not be an issue. However, I can't complete my development because some of the back office pages throw this Fatal Error. I'm not ready to purchase the Commercial license yet, and since this seems to affect everyone who is using PHP 5.3 (which has been a stable release for a while now) it doesn't seem right that I need to spend one credit for a support ticket.

Perhaps you can release a version of the software that has been encoded for PHP 5.3, or offer some other workaround?

Thanks!

Hi Greg,

You are correct about the Commercial version.

The issue is not with PHP, but the Zend encoder. Basically, we've encoded our Developer version with a Zend encoder version for which they do not have backwards compatibility. You will need to use an older version of Zend, or use IonCube instead.

Thank you

#6 3Nex

3Nex

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I've just installed ionCube and my phpinfo shows ionCube Loader as an installed module, but i still get the error saying "Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4"... What can i do? All the solutions i find on google recommend installing ionCube...

#7 EHLOVader

EHLOVader

LemonElite

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I've just installed ionCube and my phpinfo shows ionCube Loader as an installed module, but i still get the error saying "Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4"... What can i do? All the solutions i find on google recommend installing ionCube...

Did you also switch the encoding of your license to use IonCube? You will need to go into your account settings to switch that. And do a force update iirc.

#8 zuperhost

zuperhost

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

Try with WHM easy apache, pick Magic Mime Types.

That solve the problem on one of our servers.

Greetins.

#9 Garbee

Garbee

LemonElite

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

This should no longer be an issue for anyone since the encoded files have been removed from the developer license.