Photo

Order Statuses and Transitions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hey guys,

Right now it seems to me that the order and status transitions are a little limited. For example, I have 3 statuses - New, Followup, and Paid. New can transition to Followup or Paid, and Followup can transition to Paid. I'd like the New -> Followup and New -> Paid transitions to each go to a different email address. However, as things currently stand you need to set up a new role for each unique transition and a new user for each email address you'd like to use.

That's OK and I can deal with it except that the users responsible for the transitions are the only ones allowed to change the order status, which means that the transition from New -> Paid has to be done by a different user than the user who can do the New -> Followup transition. In this case, the emails for those specific transitions are separate from the client's main email address so he is unable to do either of the transitions unless I also add his role to both order status transitions - which means that his main email address is also notified for all these order statuses changes.

Basically, while I understand the logic behind the current system, it seems rather limited. It would be nice to add additional email addresses to the order transitions, and/or mark users as "admin" in the sense they can change order statuses without being the user responsible for the change.

Hopefully this makes some sense :)

Thanks,

Phil

#2 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi, Phil!

Thank you for the idea. We will consider it (I added it to the roadmap).

In the meanwhile you can use the shop:onOrderStatusChanged event event to send notifications to custom email addresses.

Thank you

#3 Bryan Corey

Bryan Corey

LemonRegular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

I also feel that it's a bit limited, but only because I have to create a seperate transition for each group of users (right now we have Default, Manager, and Admin) that we want to give access to the transitions. It should be allowed to setup a transition for any lemonstand user without duplication, I would think.