Photo

Feature Request: Multiple Ship-To Addresses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 lrhbindustries

lrhbindustries

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

My apologies if this is already in there and I just haven't figured it out yet, but it would be great to give the customer the option of (or allowing the shop admin to enable) shipping items to multiple addresses in one purchase!

#2 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hi, lrhbindustries!

Thank you for sharing! I added the request to the wish-list. :-)

#3 lecoder

lecoder

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

interesting idea, but how would you choose which items in the cart are shipped to what address? I've never seen it implemented before.

#4 lrhbindustries

lrhbindustries

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

interesting idea, but how would you choose which items in the cart are shipped to what address? I've never seen it implemented before.

Hi Lecoder,

I've seen it in other solutions where you'll have items in your cart, and when you go to the checkout screen, you'll have a list of the products and the option to add ship-to addresses next to each product there. It's a great feature for a site where someone would want to buy gifts for a few different people and have them shipped directly to the recipients, all on the same order!

#5 wrinkles

wrinkles

LemonEvangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

I would like to second that request. I have a client that requires this.

#6 bradhardinge

bradhardinge

LemonRegular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have a couple of clients who are after this (gift sites). Do we have a rough idea of when this might be implemented?

#7 activeholdingco

activeholdingco

LemonGroupy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

My guess is there is no timeline for this now, so it would be best to develop a module if you need it.

To Lemonstand Staff:

I have seen this in a few places. Basically when you add your address to the billing and shipping pages, it saves it. So when you are on the shipping page you get a list of each item with a selectbox of the addresses'. It basically allows a per item ship to address.

However it would also be great to somehow break up an order of 4 widgets so that you can ship say 2 widgets to one address and 2 widgets to another.

This is a kind of specific feature so would be nice to just allow for addresses on the customer account and the functionality to allow selecting the addresses' during checkout.