Photo

Gift Certificates?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 seventhfury

seventhfury

LemonElite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you were planning on implementing Gift Certificate functionality in the near future? I think this would be an awesome asset to add to the LemonStand arsenal. :D

Keep up the great work!

Matt

#2 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hi, Matt!

What is a gift certificate? Is it like a one-use coupon code? If so, we can use the current discount engine (cart price rules) for it, because it already has all required features.

Maybe we only need to add some simplified user interface for adding gift certificates, which will actually add new cart price rules. What do you think?

Aleksey

#3 seventhfury

seventhfury

LemonElite

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

Aleksey,

Yes, a gift certificate or voucher would be an amount that a customer could purchase to give as a gift. The recipient of the gift certificate would then be able to shop in a LS store and input the GC in the Cart or Checkout to take off that previously paid amount.

In most instances, certain pre-set amounts such as $5, $10, and $15 could work for this. I think it could work well if the seller could set the Gift Certificates up as a product and use attributes or Grouped Products to set the amounts. Then, when someone purchases a Gift Certificate, LemonStand could create a one-time code for them to use in the checkout. Something like that.

Also, being able to set up a template so that a seller could potentially make a custom design that the buyer could print out would be pretty cool. Kind of like the invoices, but perhaps it could be fully-customizable so the seller could create something really fun for the buyer to print out and give to the giftee if they wanted (like in a card or something instead of just emailing them a code).

Thoughts?

Matt

Edited by seventhfury, 01 April 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#4 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hi, Matt!

Ah, I see. Gift certificates and coupons are different things. Thank you for the explanation. I added a note to the wish-list. :-)

Aleksey

#5 seventhfury

seventhfury

LemonElite

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Awesome! This would be an awesome feature. :D

#6 Bohtieque

Bohtieque

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for putting this on the wish list--it's one of the reasons I'm building an online store separate from Etsy. Gift certificates are impossible there!

#7 thomen

thomen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

+1 That would be most awesome!

#8 seventhfury

seventhfury

LemonElite

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Aleksey,

Hey man! Just wanted to see if you had an idea when the Gift Certificate functionality would be ready? I'm amped up to get it going! :D

Cheers,

Matt

#9 Jez-Timms

Jez-Timms

LemonGroupy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

Just like to add to this as it is on the same track and a great 'marketing' tool.

Customer 'one' buys a product/s and LS generates TWO one time codes that can be entered at checkout.

Those codes could be used as a 'refer a friend' for instance in marketing emails and by the original customer.

Therefore the original customer gets a small bonus (10% off say or a free product set by the store owner in this promotion) and the new customer can get the same bonus as a new customer new to the shop.

Just my 5c.

#10 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi, Matt!

I'm sorry, it is very difficult to say when some feature would be ready. There are some other important tasks in our list above the gift certificates, including improving the inventory tracking and building the App Store. So, it depends how much time we will spend on other tasks. On the other hand, the task is not that complicated as opposed to the subscriptions module, so implementing it should not take much time when we are ready. We will keep up updated.

Thank you

#11 seventhfury

seventhfury

LemonElite

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Sounds great, thanks Aleksey!

#12 reganshepherd

reganshepherd

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Another plus one for Gift Certificates/Vouchers.
Our clients have requested this feature.

Thanks Again!

Edited by reganshepherd, 12 December 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#13 zone

zone

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

Yeah this has been requested long ago. There also needs to be a store credit thing.

#14 Dynamicgs

Dynamicgs

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

Add me to the list for people waiting on the Gift Voucher / Store Credit module..

My client would love to add this functionality... Would really just need to generate "One Use" voucher codes.. (IE. Voucher gives say $50 off total cart cost)
Once the voucher is used, it is then marked as "Used" in the system and no longer available.

This would be an awesome feature!

Let me know if its even possible, or underway!

Justin

#15 chris*grafik

chris*grafik

LemonFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hey guys, any further progress on this functionality? We have a client who is specifically requesting this.

Cheers.

#16 Leigh

Leigh

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

Would be very useful. I'd love to have a "Tell a friend" option, that allows you to receive a discount, after referring another user. Better still, you receive a discount or voucher after a referred user makes their first sale.

#17 hotmeteor

hotmeteor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

+1 for Gift Certificates, needed for a client.

Thanks!

#18 rtd

rtd

LemonEvangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

For those of you who use PayPal, there is gift certificate functionality that you might be able to leverage in the interim.

#19 Nick Yeoman

Nick Yeoman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

I've got a client requesting this.

Is this in a near future release?
or should I just build it myself?

Don't really want to spend the time writing my own if you guys are just going to release it in a month.

#20 Danny

Danny

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

It's unlikely that we'll release it in a month. If you want to build a module, and plan to share or sell it on the Marketplace, let us know.