Photo

Add to cart form with quantity option

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 redidesi

redidesi

LemonRegular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi, I was wondering on the product page if you could have a select menu for amount or quantity. So you can choose to purchase 10 items in one go instead of clicking the add to cart button 10 times or without having to go into the cart page itself to update the quantity.

I have looked in the product page article but the only additional fields for the add to cart form is the grouped product options and extra options fields i.e. different size select menu.

I also had a look in the api articles, on the shop:product action article we have a supported form field of product_cart_quantity. I'm, not sure if that is what I am supposed to be working with? There are no examples of how to work with that?

Thanks for your help,
redidesi

#2 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi!

The product_cart_quantity field is what you are looking for. You can add a drop-down menu in the following way:

<select name="product_cart_quantity">
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
</select>

Thank you

Aleksey

#3 redidesi

redidesi

LemonRegular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Too easy! Thanks Aleksey...

#4 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Following off of this: Is it possible for products to have set quantities? I see that I could just add a dropdown and only list the available quantities, but if it were enforced in the backend that would be even better.

For example, business cards can only be bought in quantities of 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 (with a different cost for each). Is there an easy way to do this or should a combination of product_cart_quantity along with the tiered pricing be used?

#5 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Bump just so I can be subscribed :rolleyes:

#6 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hi, Phil!

This task is already in our list. We will create some simple way to specify the quantities in the product management form in the Administration Area and then use them for generating a drop-down list on the front-end.

Thank you for suggesting!

#7 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

You are just on top of everything :) excellent!

#8 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hi Aleksey,

I know you don't have a timeline for everything, but I'm wondering if you might for this?

Thanks,

Phil

#9 Phil

Phil

Lemonholic

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hi Aleksey,

Along with this I'm running in to another issue. In this case the client offers 1000 business cards for $99.00. That means that I can't used the tiered pricing, as each card is actually $0.099 (9.9 cents) and Lemonstand rounds up to the nearest whole cent. In this case I think I'm going to work around it by using grouped products but it's something to note for the future.

Cheers,

Phil

#10 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Hi, Phil!

Likely we will begin working on this task next week.

Thank you

#11 allibubba

allibubba

LemonEvangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

@pnomolos you could probably use product extras to handle your quantities, but i guess it depends on your product model.

you could do something like product A has extras; 50 $88, 100 $120 etc... that would give you a set of radio buttons to select from on the front-end.

that would also allow you to control your quantities on a product-by-product basis, so card-a has three quantity extras, and card-b has five quantity extras. with a little work on the front-end, you could easily convert the radio buttons to a select box too.

just some ideas to play with

#12 greendesigned

greendesigned

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Likely we will begin working on this task next week.

Is this functionality available in the current release?

#13 Aleksey

Aleksey

Co-Founder

• +Administrators
  • 4168 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Is this functionality available in the current release?

Hi! Do you mean the product quantities management feature, where you can set possible quantity values for individual products? It is #30 in our roadmap (http://lemonstandapp...roadmap/#task30). You can consider implementing this feature with a custom module. Then you do not need to wait until we release the feature. Basically you need to extend the product model with a field which you can use for managing quantities, and use this value on the product page to create a drop-down quantity menu, like I described in this thread above (http://forum.lemonst...ost/1562/#p1562).

If it is all what you need, it is an easy task. Start from downloading a module template for extending the product model from this documentation page: http://lemonstandapp...dule_templates/

Thank you

#14 Legin76

Legin76

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi!

The product_cart_quantity field is what you are looking for. You can add a drop-down menu in the following way:

<select name="product_cart_quantity">
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
</select>

Thank you

Aleksey

I'm also looking for this functionality.. Is there any news? I can't find anything else about it. It's a much better way to set the quantity means that you can elimiate the need to update the cart when the quantity is changed there by having it automatically update the page.